Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday sketches

I haven't posted sketches in a while. How did that happen? Well, here are a couple of recent sketches from my handmade sketchbook. The one above is the view off our back deck, minus lots of tree limbs. I sketched this with pencil and colored pencil, washed with water. It was late in the afternoon. I just love the light that time of day. And recently geese have been flying over in the late afternoons, on their way from the pond in our neighborhood to a pond over on the next hill. Can you hear them honking?
This was a quick watercolor sketch. I couldn't let February get away with sketching tulips.

11 comments:

nanke's stuff said...

What a lovely view you have! And the beautiful, cheery, tulips made me long for spring. Very nice, as always! nancy

Unknown said...

These are both so pretty. I love the blues and greens in both. The tree scene is so inviting!

Deborah said...

Looks like a great February! Lovely.

Jennifer Rose said...

love the tulips :) nice vibrant red

Cathy Holtom said...

Both are good, but I do like the trees especially!

Autumn Leaves said...

Your sketchbooks are full of masterpieces, Ann. I so love them!

Alex said...

I realize that your drawings never lack of colors =) which I really love. The water colors on the tulips are awesome and are a little different than your usuals like the trees.

Anonymous said...

Ann, I bet your sketch books are a thing of beauty. You work with such flow and purpose, a magnificent gift. Not only are your individual pieces beautiful, you create the whole.

I love both of these!

Dan Kent said...

The light seems to shine out of these pages! The trees are beautiful and I love our composition of the flowers across the pages.

Ann said...

Pamo, there are plenty of pages that I will never post! But I do enjoy going back through these sketchbooks just the same.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Unknown said...

Lovely sketchbook pages! I have to say, I'm surprised you have tulips this early. We have lots of them everywhere, but then I don't have your climate!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin