Thursday, October 20, 2011

A little progress

I have made only a little progress on this piece that I started here. (it's 7.5 x 9.5, colored pencil on Rising Museum board) Still quite a way to go but I am beginning to get a feel for how to draw the rushing water. Somewhat the same yet also different from drawing oceans and surf. With this drawing there is not only the water and the foamy splashes, but also the various colors and forms barely visible beneath the surface. So even though the water is moving very fast, my drawing of the water is very slow. That's okay though.

12 comments:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Oh Ann, you certainly are getting the water's movement down! Go girl!!

Vicki Holdwick said...

It looks wonderful so far.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh and it is looking so beautiful! I've been studying some of those underwater shapes you've started just beneath the rocks and I could learn much from it. Noting to self for that, and I thank you Ann.

Sasa said...

Wow, great work! I have so much respect for colored pencil drawing now that I have also tried some, admire your patience.

Jennifer Rose said...

you are doing a great job with the fast moving water, it does seem to move down the board

Unknown said...

Great work, Ann! You certainly are capturing the flow!

Cathy Holtom said...

I can feel the rush and roar of the water, it's going well!

bettyfromtexas said...

It gets more beautiful with each masterful stroke!!!

Clare said...

So lively I can almost hear the roar.

kazumiwannabe said...

Oh, the movement of the water! This is going to be fantastic, it's amazing already!

Alex said...

This looks amazing!

Krista/Ruca said...

This is coming along swimmingly! I so admire what you can do with water. I'm a bit afraid of it (the painting if it, not the water itself!).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin