Tuesday, October 30, 2012

sketchbook Tuesday :: frightful

The weather, that is. Not these honey crisp apples that I sketched yesterday. In between keeping up with hurricane reports, local weather reports, I had little focus for much of anything else. I made the apple bread thinking that I should prepare as much food as possible before the power went out. Those wind gusts got up to around 60 mph. The snow was blowing sideways. As I sit here I can hear the wind still howling through our mountains and the snow is still coming down. But we never did lose power and are safe inside our cozy home. For that I am so thankful. I do hope all of my readers are safe and warm this evening as well. Check in when you can, okay?

5 comments:

Jennifer Edwards said...

So glad to know all is well on
bluebird Hill!!! Lovely apples here too! We've had blustery days and cold-for-us temps!, But no snow. :(

Unknown said...

I'm glad you weathered the storm okay. I hope the rest of the country is recovering this morning. I love this little painting! The two apples together and the one off to the side makes a very cute whimsical story... your work always brings a pleasant smile in appreciation for your thoughtful portrayals of your subjects.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - so thankful you are safe...it is hard to focus when a hurricane like Sandy comes through. Love your apples. Glad you did not lose power - we were safe too - not as bad for us as they had predicted. Take care and thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Halo Ann, I have found you just today. I like your Art, your delightful sketches... You can visit me and my art on my two blogs. Have a nice rest of the week. S.

Jennifer Rose said...

glad that everyone is ok!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin