Wednesday, April 10, 2013

what brings me back

Shoreline V
watercolor and gouache on cold pressed paper
5.5 x 7.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Yep. Another painting of the surf. This one inspired by the early morning light on the waves. I love the color of the ocean at that time of day, when it's all glowing pastels. Yet it is so brief, as the sun rises well above the horizon and the color of the water becomes more saturated as the day moves along. I always feel fortunate when I am able to experience that soft morning light at the beach.

6 comments:

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Great color and drama captured!

Jennifer Rose said...

the waves have a lot of energy!

Autumn Leaves said...

I love how you capture the movement of water, Ann. So beautiful!

Joyce Washor said...

Makes me want to be there! and
thanks for being a follower on my blog!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - I never grow tired of seeing your beautiful surf. Your love for it shines through in your gorgeous rendition. Thanks as always for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love how you use colour in your surf, beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin