Tuesday, September 2, 2014

sketchbook :: pepper picker

This past Saturday morning our farmers' market was a very busy place. I came home with lettuce, tomatoes, corn, apples, two lavender plants, and a few photos. It was so full of shoppers that I was not able to get very close to this glorious display of bell peppers, which was crowded with folks picking out the perfect peppers. I wonder what dish she made with her red and yellow peppers? This was sketched in my Strathmore watercolor journal with pencil, watercolor, and a little white gel pen for the chalkboard signs.

5 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

What a lovely colourful market, and painting.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice :)

how did the gel pen act when worked on the watercolour?? did it get clogged?

Ann said...

Thanks Polly and Jennifer!
Jennifer, the gel pen does fine. It's one I've had for a few years now that I only occasionally use when I have situations like this. If the watercolor is dry, there are no problems.

Jennifer Rose said...

thanks :) I havent used one for year but so many people are using them with coloured pencils I keep meaning to try them again

Autumn Leaves said...

This piece tells a wonderful and homey story! Love it, Ann!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin