Monday, November 3, 2014

sketchbook :: season's change

We had stunning Autumn days last week. Tuesday afternoon while Kiddo worked on her science project recording native plants in our yard, I took the opportunity to sketch one of our forsythia that lives beside our drive. The deep reds and purples of its autumn leaves create quite a show against the backdrop of deep blues and greens of the rhododendrons.

Postcard From Autumn V
watercolor
3.5 x 5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky
sold

And here is the last in my Postcards From Autumn series, one that I previously neglected to post. It does seem that winter has arrived, now that we had our first snow over the weekend. The colder temps have me thinking about winter time projects in the studio, as well as lots of cooking and crocheting. How does your creative activity change with the seasons?

4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - this is a gorgeous postcard and your sketch is lovely as well. We had snow spitting as well this past week-end...I will be baking, painting, and reading more with these shorter chilly days. Take care and have a lovely week.

Jennifer Rose said...

keep the snow there! lol :)

I do tend to do more craft type projects in the winter, I think because i can crochet and have the work on my lap when its colder and not melt from the heat

great reflections in the water, the colours glow :)

Autumn Leaves said...

The bush colors are gorgeous but confess that I do love the postcard. Such a serenity to it! Beautiful!

Celia Blanco said...

The colors are gorgeous, I love your postcard series, and the field sketch has beautiful expressive brush strokes!I remember having to do the same science project, very fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin