Monday, February 8, 2016

Skying

Skying
watercolor
6 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

When I see a dramatic sky I think of John Constable's cloud paintings. And as he said, "I have done a good deal of skying." He would add notes to his sky studies on the weather conditions, direction of light, and time of day. This was painted for the second challenge that I submitted to Daily Paintworks. I was inspired by John Constable's cloud paintings and how he often painted unusual effects of lighting in the landscape by placing a light valued foreground against a dark sky. This painting is a scene from Edisto Beach, South Carolina, when there was a "Constable sky" happening.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lovely sky here :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - so beautiful. Love your landscapes. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day. Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin