Monday, March 28, 2016

some wait a while

One Fine Day
watercolor
10 x 10 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Most days I spend some time painting. Many paintings I post here but there are some that wait in a holding pattern while I mull them over. This is one of those paintings that has been waiting.

Here is where my paintings go to wait. When I feel a painting may be completed, or I just need to stop and do something else, I hang it on this little clothes line in my studio space. There I can contemplate whether I want to call it finished and what, if any, steps to take with it next. They may be posted, saved for a gallery, or put on a shelf where the next step after that is usually into the bin. It's all a part of the process.
 I was happy with the sky in this painting and that I was able to control the values 
to create a sense of distance.
I also liked the softening effect achieved with the splatters. 
And I was happy that I decided, after it had waited a while, 
to add just a few touches of opaque white. 

This is one I am hanging onto, but it was time to take it off the clothes line to make room for new works. Now if I only had more space in my cabinet, where finished works wait until they find a new home.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

Thats a good idea, I should try something like that rather than putting work into a container under the bed :p

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin