Friday, February 3, 2017

continuity

Dawn
acrylic on canvas
6 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Here are three small canvases that I recently completed as a part of my Mountains Abstracted series.

Noon
acrylic on canvas
6 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Just as the square formats (from my previous post) introduced unique compositional challenges, so did these smaller sized paintings. In this case it was about how to get enough variety of shapes without being overwhelming in the small space.

Twilight
acrylic on canvas
6 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

I also enjoyed working with the variety of greens that are possible to create with this limited palette of yellow ochre, teal, purple, and white.


And here, just for fun, is a snap shot of the three canvases placed together - although please pardon my poor photo, I had randomly lined them up in preparation for varnishing when I noticed that they also worked as one continuous composition. I doubt I could have worked that out so well if I had been trying!

4 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

really interesting having the ll next to each other, the flow together

Anonymous said...

I love them together as well. Really great work.

Ann said...

Thank you for your visit and kind comment, Martha! I am leaving this blog to hang out while I test the waters on my new blog, which is also on my website, nemcoskyart.com. It seems more cohesive doing it that way but it is hard to say goodbye to this old space :-)

Parmit Kaur said...

Beautiful!!!
If you love playing card games, Join us now and play rummy online games to win real cash. Take a look at our rummy faq here. Check latest promotions, rummy tournaments, news and updates in the rummy blog section of Playrummy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin