Friday, February 15, 2008

Loose Ends




Hillside
watercolor pencils and colored pencil on paper
7 x 9 inches
copyright 2008 by Ann Thompson Nemcosky




Here is what I have been working on this past week. It is an image that I revived from a drawing I began last summer but never completed. This scene is from a photo I snapped on one of our hikes. Not one to be happy when something is left unfinished I dug it out and started again. I don't know that I achieved exactly what I was after with this one, but I feel better having completed it and am now ready to move on to the next thing.

11 comments:

Joan Y said...

This drawing makes me feel like I was taking a walk with you. I can practically smell the fresh air!

Laurel Neustadter said...

I love the delicate pencil work. I also love all the variations on the color green ... very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The grass looks so soft. Stunning work.

Anonymous said...

this is lovely...I want to go walking there!! deni...;)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, how soft and beautiful! Really nice work, Ann

Anita Davies said...

It is beautiful, I love the feeling of movement.

Ann said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments!

Sharon said...

What an inviting scene...and lovely drawing.

Linda said...

Yum -- I love this! The sunlight pouring through the trees is so inviting, and you've captured it so well. What ELSE do you have tucked away that needs finishing? We all want to see more!
;-)

Ann said...

Thanks Sharon and Linda!
Linda, I have a few things still in the works, just finding time to work on them is the challenge. The comments here really keep me motivated though :)

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Oh Ann! I LOVE this one. It has such a peaceful feeling. All of your work has such a calming effect. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin