Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Marsh plein air

Here is another vacation sketch, the marsh along the Inter-Coastal Waterway from the base of the bridge to Edisto Island. I and a long time friend who is our traveling companion and also an avid photographer set out that bright morning on a photo excursion. We parked at the base of the bridge and started walking up along side the traffic lanes to capture photos of the marshes. It is a very long bridge that rises up high enough in the middle to allow the big boats to pass underneath. I had my little 'point and shoot' while my photographer friend carried his tri-pod and super-duper camera. When I finally had enough of traffic whizzing by I headed back down to the base of the bridge and waited in the cab of my friend's pick-up while he continued on his photo quest. Since I had my sketchbook and watercolors with me I made this quick sketch of the marsh. The gnats were terribly persistant, you can even see where a couple of them stuck to my sketchbook page while I was painting.

5 comments:

Spinneretta said...

Lovely rendering of the marsh :) SOunds like a fun excursion!!

Sandy said...

I adore the soft subtle changes in a beautiful marsh - you captured it so well !! Ours are just beginning to show a bit of life.

FRANKYE said...

I enjoy each and every post of your art work. Love the shells and the marsh sketch. Your beach vacations sound so nice and your art work that comes from those vacations is always fresh and inspired.

heyannie said...

Ann, You commented on my Blog so I was able to find yours, Thanks. This is delightful work. A person of many talents and interests you are. I love your dry media work. I will check back often.

kazumiwannabe said...

It's beautiful. The colors and light are great, it's very evocative!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin