Saturday, May 23, 2009

It's all a part of the learning process

Continuing with my watercolor pencil studies, on Arches HP this time, 4 x 4 inches. I am currently taking the online class, Watercolor Pencil Workshop, with Cathy Johnson. The course started last week and will run through June, so you can expect to see a lot more sketches done with this media. I am having a blast playing with these pencils. I was beginning to feel that I was in a rut with my colored pencil works. This kind of experimentation is just what I needed to shake things up a bit. And of course there are several more days left in May to fill with the Every day in May challenge!

Another new adventure for me is that I have joined an online critique group, Real Life Artists, put together by Krista of Hope in Every Day. I admire her focus for art study and she has gathered an inspiring group of artists. In fact, I am still a little overwhelmed with the talent in this new group. But that is a good thing. It's a group I am excited to be a part of and look forward to learning from them.

8 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

good luck with your class :D looking forward to seeing what you produce.

I love the calming colours in this piece :D

Terri said...

Sounds like fun. I look forward to seeing what you do. Looks like you are off to a good start though. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog too.

Mary Timme said...

I think the watercolor pencils are just the thing to shake you up and get out of a rut. I love what you are doing and learning.

Ann said...

Thanks!

Carolina said...

You seem to have your hands full! That's great, I envy that (in a good and seeking-for-improvement sense), please keep on sharing... :)

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

I like this one, especially...good value range, rich, saturated color...yum!

K said...

Hi Ann, I especially like the way the purple mingles with the greens. Wonderful landscape. Hope you're having fun in the WCP class.

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

The shapes and colors here speak to me. :) I hope you learn lots and have fun in your new class.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin