Friday, July 23, 2010

(this moment)

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

-inspired by Amanda Blake Soule of SouleMama

******************************************************

The why. I love this idea. The idea of pausing long enough to find simple gratitude with where we are, right now, in this moment. For quite some time I have felt the need to pay attention more. I will take hundreds of photos while traveling yet my camera often sits neglected when we are at home. I have been wanting to change that. Yes, I'll sketch, but so many moments slip by while I am doing something else. So by participating in (this moment) and posting here, I will, hopefully, be more inspired to work on this goal to gather and save those little moments. It worked for keeping a sketchbook. You all are great at motivating me. And besides, this will give you a break from all those paintings! If you're not familiar with Amanda's blog or her books, do take a moment to check them out. You will be inspired too!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Ann! Thanks for the reminder.

Jackie said...

Such beautiful colors.

padmaja said...

When we enjoy every moment for what it is or being in the present all the time. life changes for the better automatically, isnt it? Easier said than done :-) You captured a lovely moment.

Autumn Leaves said...

A perfect moment in time to have captured. So lovely, Ann.

Jennifer Rose said...

that is a gorgeous flower :)

Keith said...

Love the colours there, that yellow knocks your socks of doesn't it. and that almost blue at the centre of the flower.

Ann said...

Thanks all for your comments. This is the first of our sunflowers to bloom. Kiddo planted the seeds.

K said...

Beautiful photo. I'm all for living in the moment and in your surroundings (instead of a computer, sadly). So when I'm not stuck at a computer, I try to notice everything around me too.

Aarti Harish said...

Hi,

This is so beautiful, If you don't mind,can I use this picture as a reference to paint??

Regards,
Aarti Harish.

Ann said...

Aarti, I just emailed you a reply :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin