Tuesday, December 11, 2012

sketchbook Tuesday :: shiny things

I put vegetables into the oven to roast and had 30 minutes before they would be ready for dinner. I had wanted to sit down with my sketchbook all day and this 30 minutes was my first opportunity. So I grabbed a couple of ornaments from our tree to sketch. This is the result. I did have to interrupt my sketching at one point in order to stir the vegetables. The sketch is watercolor only with a little white gel pen added later, for a few of the sparkly spots.

8 comments:

Polly Birchall said...

These baubles are lovely. They look like delicate glass too. Well done.

Unknown said...

You can good use your time :-) I am trying this every day (with 2 small children).

Rose Welty said...

Thought of you today -- I wanted to sketch from life but couldn't get to the park I wanted - I thought "oh, Ann would just grab something and get going." so, I sketched a houseplant - and here you are grabbing and sketching! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann - this is a wonderful sketch to celebrate the sparklies of the season. Like the idea that you decorated it a bit with white gel pen. Thanks for sharing.

Autumn Leaves said...

Lovely ornaments, Ann. I love family ornaments that are used every year. Something so special and unique for each family. And now I'm craving pot roast and roasted vegetables.

Ann said...

Polly, thank you!
Sonja, you have my sympathy :-) But we are so blessed to have such distractions! Thanks for your comment!
Rose, it can be a challenge! Your comment made me smile, thanks!
Thank you Debbie!
Thanks Sherry! Roasted vegies is our new favorite dish! I just cut them up and toss with a little olive oil and herbs and stick them into the oven to roast. All sorts of combinations - carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, zucchini, etc. Easy and yummy! Sorry to make you hungry :-)

Jennifer Rose said...

great shine to them, really makes them look real :)

K said...

Great mingling of the purple and reds!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin