Monday, April 6, 2015

sketchbook :: a bright spot

Yesterday we went on a short sketch outing to a nearby park, the Greenway Trail, that runs through town. Although it was a sunny afternoon, it was breezy and cool. I settled on a bench where I could see an old farm across the river. Although there were other structures in this scene, the cold breeze encouraged me to simplify and focus on only those necessay shapes, values, and color to compose a scene on my sketchbook page. Beyond the trees I could see the bright yellow of a forsythia in bloom, a welcome sign of spring when warmer days can't get here fast enough.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

You've captured a wonderful sense of tranquility and serenity, Ann. Two things I long for these days! The spring colors are beautiful too. I think there is a forsythia bush outside my kitchen window. No leaves or flowers anywhere yet. My tulips are starting to show their leaves though...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin