Wednesday, December 14, 2016

completing a series

Golden Spell
acrylic and graphite on paper
8 x 11 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

These are the remaining two paintings on paper that I have completed with this abstracted mountain landscape theme. They are with my chosen color palette of teal, ochre, purple and white and are probably my favorite of the six paintings on paper. For the painting above it is probably because it asks more questions than it answers that I prefer it over the others.
Passing Days
acrylic and graphite on paper
8 x 11 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

And as for this painting, I am happy with the lighter values and more controlled intensity of color.

However I have yet to get this series out of my system. I purchased some wood painting panels in sizes larger than the 9 x 12 painting paper and am happily continuing on abstracting mountain landscapes. When is a series complete? With this one I will just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

Really glad you are not done with this series, nice to see what you are doing with the limited pallet and how much movement the pieces seem to have :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin