Friday, February 13, 2009

All you need is love


Homeschooling and a bit of free-lance work is keeping me quite busy these days. I am finding it difficult to get much time for art. However, we did do a little nature study today as a part of our homeschool lessons. After collecting a few treasures from our yard, Kiddo and I came in from the cold and wind to steaming cups of hot chocolate and recorded our finds in our nature journals. We are saving a few forsythia branches in water to see if we can force the blossoms to open early.
I was also treated to a nice surprise by Diahn with this lovely award. Thanks Diahn!
Since it's Valentine's Day tomorrow and I haven't passed one of these on in a while, I thought it a good time to play. I am supposed to list seven things that I love and then pass this award on to seven bloggers that I love. So here goes:

Aside from those I love most, Kiddo and Hubby, family and friends, and our two furry companions, I love

1. the scents of rosemary and lavendar
2. Chopin's Preludes
3. seeing a V of honking geese flying over our house
4. reading the novels by Sarah-Kate Lynch
5. the first daffodils in spring
6. salty ocean breezes
7. the taste of chocolate

So hard to choose just seven, but I do love visiting the blogs of these folks:

1. Sandy
2. Margaret
3. Sharon
4. Kathleen
5. Sherry
6. Rachel
7. Annie

Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Mary Timme said...

I love doing nature stuff, although I seldom bring stuff home any more, even from the back yard. What a fun award. I'm so glad to see such deserving people get it. What a good day.

MILLY said...

A lovely page, I like the way you have recorded your finds.
Your pencil drawings are always beautiful, the shell is perfect.

Eileen Mariane aka Marmsk said...

Lovely drawings. I like sketching the things in my garden, I look forward to the spring flowers.

Margaret Ann said...

Thanks so much Ann...I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely drawings - that reminds me of when my mum used to drag us around looking for wild flowers, then we both used to draw them in a sort of nature journal. She was recording them with a collector's interest, marking numbers of petals, hairy/ not hairy etc, whereas I was trying to do them from an artistic perspective.

Your kid is going to have such wonderful memories of this sort of thing!

Ann said...

Thanks everyone!
Yes, I am eager for spring to get here too. And Rachel, what a cool mom! :)

Spinneretta said...

I admit it, Nature Study is my favourite. Especially if the weather is warm :)
Thank you very much for the award- I just posted my recipients too :)

Anonymous said...

Your nature studies are delicate and beautiful. There is something special about little objects from nature that you find along the way. Thank you for sharing this nature from your part of the world.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin