Saturday, August 29, 2009

Color away

Turtle Pond
Neocolor II and colored pencil
7 x 10 inches on Arches HP
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Still playing with water soluble crayons and colored pencil. It's become almost an obsession. I really have a lot of other projects I'm wanting to do but they are all in a holding pattern while I color away with these crayons.

This is a view of the Turtle Pond in Buxton, NC, near where the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse used to be, before they moved it. I was more selective with the layer of dry colored pencil on this one, allowing more of the watercolor crayon to remain. I may go back into it some more with colored pencil. Or not. Things are stacking up on my drawing board.

11 comments:

MaryO said...

Lovely, Ann. I love that sky and the grasses are elegant!

Gabrielle said...

There are so many different colors combined to create the impression of just one color. It is a beautiful effect and a lovely piece. You really capture the mood of a place in your landscapes.

Donn said...

This is very good. A lot of different colors, very well done.

Kelly said...

Beautiful!!

Mary Timme said...

Obviously, a medium I need to explore more. Beautiful emoting with whole colors and expressing a feeling of serenity.

Sgfrancis said...

Beautiful work! It looks so peaceful.

Aurileide Alves said...

Nice experiments. Nice place. Quite a wonderful obsession!

Peachtreeart said...

I'm always amazed at what you are able to "make" CP do...it has never felt "natural" to me, but every time I see one of your color pencil renditions it always makes me want to try them out again!

caseytoussaint said...

beatiul, you eel the waer moving along...

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Your water colors are so beautiful. You have really captured the peace and tranquility of the scenery.

Susan M. Walker said...

LOVELY! I too know how you feel about putting other projects on hold while we deal with the obsession!

Don't seek counceling- just keep creatin!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin