Saturday, August 29, 2009

Color away

Turtle Pond
Neocolor II and colored pencil
7 x 10 inches on Arches HP
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Still playing with water soluble crayons and colored pencil. It's become almost an obsession. I really have a lot of other projects I'm wanting to do but they are all in a holding pattern while I color away with these crayons.

This is a view of the Turtle Pond in Buxton, NC, near where the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse used to be, before they moved it. I was more selective with the layer of dry colored pencil on this one, allowing more of the watercolor crayon to remain. I may go back into it some more with colored pencil. Or not. Things are stacking up on my drawing board.

11 comments:

MaryO said...

Lovely, Ann. I love that sky and the grasses are elegant!

Gabrielle said...

There are so many different colors combined to create the impression of just one color. It is a beautiful effect and a lovely piece. You really capture the mood of a place in your landscapes.

Donn said...

This is very good. A lot of different colors, very well done.

Kelly said...

Beautiful!!

Mary Timme said...

Obviously, a medium I need to explore more. Beautiful emoting with whole colors and expressing a feeling of serenity.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! It looks so peaceful.

Aurileide Alves said...

Nice experiments. Nice place. Quite a wonderful obsession!

Peachtreeart said...

I'm always amazed at what you are able to "make" CP do...it has never felt "natural" to me, but every time I see one of your color pencil renditions it always makes me want to try them out again!

caseytoussaint said...

beatiul, you eel the waer moving along...

Kelly said...

Your water colors are so beautiful. You have really captured the peace and tranquility of the scenery.

Unknown said...

LOVELY! I too know how you feel about putting other projects on hold while we deal with the obsession!

Don't seek counceling- just keep creatin!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin