Friday, June 21, 2013

sweet summer

Foxglove
watercolor on cold pressed paper
5.5 x 7.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Happy Summer Solstice to you! We are having a gentle start to summer here in our Southern mountains. The days have been pleasant, although with a fair amount of rain, and the nights delightfully cool. The birds, peepers, and our resident bull frog have been singing their summer songs. And our flowers are beginning to bloom. We have lots of foxglove blooms this year, and they are glorious. So in celebration of summer I had to paint one, plus it provided a nice change of pace from all of my watery scenes.

7 comments:

Timaree said...

Nice! I like how you've got a less detailed background yet it isn't totally undetailed. The foxglove really stands out!

Pam Johnson Brickell said...

Lovely, Ann. One of my favorite flowers.

Jennifer Edwards said...

This is truly gorgeous, Ann! Foxglove are some of my favorites too although I don't see too many of them down here in the piedmont area.:( you did a beautiful job depicting them in watercolor!

Polly Birchall said...

You have done a lovely painting of foxgloves. I found them too difficult

Autumn Leaves said...

I do just love the greens in this piece, Ann. The foxgloves themselves are gorgeous in color too. Wonderful piece and it sure gives credence to your words!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - you have certainly caught the beauty of these fairy flowers...love them. Thanks for sharing.

ria39 said...

beautifull, I have this flowers Digitalis in my garden.
I make photos because I can not paint.

greetings
ria39 (Belgium)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin