Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Midsummer


Midsummer
watercolor
8 x 10 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Whew! What a relief to be posting again. My old laptop finally had enough so a replacement was necessary. While waiting for the new machine to arrive I did a lot of painting. And fortunately, knowing my old  laptop was on its last legs I had nearly everything backed up before it quit altogether. So now I have a backlog of work to post!

I am working on more expressive interpretations with my paintings and one way I am doing that is focusing on the larger shapes in the composition as well as simplifying the details, And color. I enjoy pushing the expressive limits of color to get to the feeling of a place or scene. This painting comes from that exploration inspired be our local Blue Ridge mountains at the height of summer.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

what a nice bright burst of bright colour on my screen :D

Autumn Leaves said...

Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin