Monday, December 2, 2013

poinsettia

Poinsettia
watercolor
5.5 x 7.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Getting into the holiday spirit with this painting of a poinsettia blossom. I was captivated by the leaves in the sunlight creating an almost abstract design of light and dark. As I completed the painting I decided to use this image for our greeting cards this year. After some comparison shopping I choose to go with Zazzle for printing the cards. I like that I can customize the cards with printed messages. And since I was doing all of that, I also made this image available for cards for purchase from Zazzle. You can click the link here or the one over on the side bar. Are you ready for the holidays?

7 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

nope, havent done a thing for the holidays lol

really nice red colour to the petals :)

Autumn Leaves said...

It is beautiful, Ann!! I just printed cards from VistaPrint. Unfortunately the smallest lot I could buy was 100. I will have cards coming out of my ears!

Ann said...

Thanks Jennifer and Sherry! Yeah, vista print does have some good deals but that is a lot of cards!

Laure Ferlita said...

Gorgeous, Ann! I've tried for years to paint a poinsettia I was happy with and haven't done it yet. Love the soft play of colors in this.

Debbie Nolan said...

Just beautiful - Ann - I love that color red. Glad to see you are getting in the spirit of things.

Sea Dean - Paint a Masterpiece said...

Thanks for joining the ART PARTY Ann. Feel free to invite anyone you know to join in the fun. Only 22 free opportunities to have your Art seen by over 800 viewers. http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2013/11/gifts-and-decorations-art-party-begins.html

Timaree said...

This looks terrific! It looks so life like! Nice work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin