Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fogs in August

The local folk lore here in these mountains says that for every foggy day in August there will be a snow fall in winter. It's already mid way through the month of August and this is our first somewhat foggy day. Snow fall totals here have been well below our average for several years now. Every August my daughter and I put a bean in a jar for each foggy day and then during winter she takes one out for each snow fall. Every year it comes pretty darn close, if not exact, that the number of foggy days match up with that winter's snow falls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbling upon your blog today...I was fasinated by the fog and snow theory. I live in Texas and we rarely ever see snow. You have an interesting blog.

Ann said...

Thanks Debbie!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin