Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sketchbook Tuesday and June Print of the Month!

We just love our local farmers' market. Not a lot of produce this time of year, yet still plenty to see with all the herbs, flowers and crafts. And it is wonderful to see the familiar faces of the vendors after our long winter months. One of our favorite growers had the most gorgeous spinach last Saturday. And it was delicious.
Continuing my obsession with trees in watercolor, I sat on our deck and tried to paint one of the trees in our wooded back yard. It is very difficult to determine where one tree ends and another begins in this setting. I did get lost in the branches but it was an enjoyable exercise anyway. And our foxgloves are blooming! Our flower garden backs up to the woods on the eastern side of our yard. So all of the flower blossoms tend to point west, toward the daily march of sunshine across the cleared area of our yard.
And finally, here is my pick for June's Print of the Month. It is from my original colored pencil piece, Wave I, available as note cards and fine art prints from Imagekind. Happy June everyone!

10 comments:

Shirley said...

I love your painting of spinach leaves and just decided that I need to get our pack of fresh sage out to sketch/paint tonight.

Teresa said...

I think an obsession with painting trees is a good thing! :-) You did a good job with your tree. Love the light, airy spaces between the branches. Your foxglove is way ahead of mine.... and it's warmer down here. How 'bout that!

Timaree said...

Your tree looks nice (so does the foxglove). It shows depth. Some is forward of the rest. Your doing well with the watercolor.

martinepittet said...

Lovely sketches: nice colours and shades ! And I love your wave !

Sarah said...

Lovely sketches - can't believe oyu have foxgloves out already! Lucky you!

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, Ann. Everything you touch turns to gold. The pile of spinach leaves is a lovely little piece of art that speaks to my green and nature loving heart. That tree is just exquisite, truly. If your flowers are all facing west, does that mean they all face towards your yard? (Truly, I've confused myself with thinking about it and cannot seem to fathom that they wouldn't be facing in towards your yard...) How pretty that must be!! And a most beautiful print you've chosen for June!!

Ann said...

Thanks all!

Unknown said...

Lovely! All of them! And your prints look great!

Lynn said...

I always enjoy Sketchbook Tuesday on your blog. Your sketch of the spinach is so fresh and spontaneous and joyful. You turned ordinary spinach into a work of art!

K said...

Ann, we definitely had the same idea - sketching trees from the deck in the backyard! I did not know you had the same obsession with trees that I have, although you are far more evolved in your tree sketches than I am. Lovely, lovely work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin