Monday, November 22, 2010

Apples to apples

I have exciting news! I now have prints of a few of my favorite works available in my Etsy shop. These are drawings that I really enjoyed doing, and the originals sold fairly quickly. I have plans to do more works like this. But until I do, I thought it would be fun to bring these back as prints. If all goes well, I will continue adding more works as prints to my Etsy store.
These top two are colored pencil drawings on Rising Museum Board. The one above is titled Apples, and to the left is More Apples. The giclee prints of these works are 5 x 7 inches centered on an 8 x 10 inch Somerset velvet paper.

I was a little nervous over how prints of these works would look, but I have to tell you, they look really, really good. I was very pleased.

I also had prints made of my graphite drawing, Clementine. The prints of this one are 4.5 x 6.5 inches, also centered on an 8 x 10 inch Somerset velvet paper. The prints do show all the richness of the values, especially noticeable in this piece. Seeing these works again as prints makes me eager to get back to the drawing board!

2 comments:

Tahirih Goffic said...

These are absolutely amazing. I am stunned by the clementine. Even without color, it is so real I can almost smell it!

DALowe Artist said...

Wow!!!! Wow!!! Your colored pencil work is so fabulous Ann! These apples are beautiful. Definitely my favorites too. I'm so glad you had prints made. I'd like to hear more about that - like where did you get them done? what was involved? cost? etc.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin