Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Marshland Art Cards

ACEO Carolina Coastal Marshland I
watercolor
2.5 x 3.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

ACEO Carolina Coastal Marshland II
watercolor
2.5 x 3.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky


Here are the first two in a series of six art cards inspired by the marshlands of the coastal Carolinas. These were done with watercolor and a few touches here and there with watercolor pencil. I worked from my favorite scenes from our travels to the coasts of North and South Carolina. Coming from the mountains I always enjoy seeing the open space of the landscape and a wide horizon. And the suggestion of water reflecting all of that sky.

8 comments:

Revelle Taillon said...

These are beautiful!

debra morris said...

Beautiful colours

Candylei said...

Makes me want to climb right inside of the cards. Love the bright colors.
Candylei

nanke's stuff said...

They have the softness I love so much about your work! nancy

Lynn said...

These are lovely,Ann. Those colors just pop.

Cathy Holtom said...

You find some lovely locations to paint, and you always do them justice!

Alex said...

Beautiful signature drawings Ann =) Love them all

Unknown said...

I find it amazing that these are so small and look like larger pieces with all that detail!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin