Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lunch With Ken

Lunch With Ken
watercolor
8 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

I like finding still life subjects in the ordinary items we have around us. Those things we see, but don't really "see", until we notice something beautiful about them. In this case it was the assortment of colorful fruit and onions, along with the glass bowl, casually scattered on a counter top that I found interesting. I liked not only the color but also the repetition of circular shapes playing against the grid of the tile. It was a scene I noticed and snapped a quick photo for future reference. Well, I probably took the photo with my phone as it wasn't very clear. But that turned out to be okay as the fuzzy photo reference left me more room to make stuff up as I worked on this painting. And that's where the fun is.

3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

lots of interesting shapes yo look at and lots of gorgeous colour!

Celia Blanco said...

The color are gorgeous and I love the birds-eye view! Beautiful arrangement!

Autumn Leaves said...

The crisp colors and geometric shapes just pull me in immediately. It is a delightful piece and I can see why this "setup" on the counter drew your eye!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin