Thursday, March 12, 2015

Ocean Dreams V

Ocean Dreams V
watercolor
8 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

Yes, another painting of the surf. After a couple of false starts with other subjects I returned to what makes me happy. No matter how often I revisit the subject of water I still learn something new each time I translate it into paint. With this painting it was all about those blues. Where they were warm or cool, shadows or reflecting light, there were many subtle shifts in hue and temperature to capture in order to communicate the feeling of form, surface, and of course wetness. One of these days I may exhaust this watery subject, but that probably won't be any time soon.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I could learn a lot about painting water from just your blog. I have to remember that the next time I give it a go because I am never happy with how my water looks in paint. Sheesh! This is beautiful, Ann!

Jennifer Rose said...

I don't think you could ever run out ideas for painting water, its too full of colour and energy to not find something to paint :)

very nice water splash to the waves here :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin