Monday, December 14, 2015

landscape studies

Landscape Study I
watercolor
6 x 6 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

I have decided to close out this year with a series of small landscape studies. I am revisiting some of my favorite scenes with more interpretive landscape compositions emphasizing an expressive approach to watercolor painting.
Landscape Study II
watercolor
8 x 8 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

The advantage of working on a small scale with such a big subject as landscape is that I am prevented from becoming too obsessive with detail. And I get to play with using a new color to my palette, cobalt blue, as well as with my new brush, a Robert Simmons 1/2" dagger. I bought the dagger brush to use in my sketch kit, but I am enjoying painting with it too much to reserve it for only sketch outings.

2 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

great landscapes :D after not using a striper brush for years, I hardly use anything else when painting now lol

Polly Birchall said...

These are really beautiful

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin