Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A little lemon

Here's another quick watercolor sketch I did while away on our family visit. The one time when everyone came together each day was dinner time. Marathon cooking of huge amounts of food that eventually resulted in a meal. One of my contributions was coleslaw, for which I needed lemon juice. It's a recipe I remember from some old cookbook; cabbage, a little onion, mayo, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and caraway seeds. The slaw is even better the next day. If there is any left over, that is.

8 comments:

Carolina said...

Those family moments are unforgettable, aren't they? I could say so much more about that, but I'll leave it there (no voy a ser tan pesada...)
The lemmon scketch is wonderful, I love the effect of the watercolors, they give that deep and appealing effect to the painting...

Spinneretta said...

Love the pinks in there :) And I really love the two oceanic scenes earlier!

Gabrielle said...

You will always have that dinner memory every time you look at this lovely lemon. Nice work!

Carol Creech said...

This is just beautiful! So bright and crisp. I love it. I haven't worked much in watercolor, so I am always amazed at the things people do with it :)
Carol

Teresa said...

What a wonderful vibrant, glow-y lemon! Such luscious color... and a recipe for slaw thrown in too! I've never used carraway seeds or lemon juice in my slaw... will have to give that a try!

Mary Timme said...

I love the mottling effect on the lemon. Looks perfect that way.

Jennifer Rose said...

very nice and bright lemon :D

I was never a fan of coleslaw :/ couldn't get past the look of it :p

Timaree said...

Nice lemon. I love the bright yellow.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin