Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sketchbook Tuesday :: this and that

We have had such beautiful, early summer weather. Highs is the low 70s, and a fair amount of rain. It was cloudy, but warm, the afternoon I sat on the front stoop and sketched this corner of my herb garden.
 One of the two loaves of French style bread that I made to go along with dinner the other evening. The recipe is from my well worn James Beard book, Beard on Bread. The binding is actually falling apart yet I love this book with it's variety of bread recipes written in such a familiar tone. The accompanying line drawings by Karl Stuecklen are wonderful. James Beard actually says that it is very difficult to make a true French bread. His recipe is what he calls, "Continental". Whatever the name, we really enjoy these loaves.

6 comments:

Jennifer Edwards said...

YUM! An apt word for your sketches and for how that bread must taste!

Autumn Leaves said...

Life just sounds idyllic in your neck of the woods; your drawings and paintings just prove it to be true.

We're getting mid-90s and the humidity has begun in earnest. I hate summer!

Shirley said...

Fun watercolor paintings. Your bread looks so delicious.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann - your sketches are wonderful - love the bread one - love French Bread. Thanks for sharing.

debra morris said...

Great sketches Ann, the bread is making me hungry

Ann said...

Thanks all!

Sherry, when the weather here is nice it is beautiful. However, talk to me again in December when it's 5 degrees and the wind is blowing 50 mph! I am sorry you are having such terrible heat this summer - I wouldn't be a happy camper either :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin