Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Going with the flow

Casey's Tree
watercolor on cold pressed paper
5.5 x 7.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

This painting was done in response to a challenge photo from a group created by Casey Klahn of The Colorist. The group is called Paint the Barn in Winter. They have now moved on from the barn image to another scene, Individual Tree, photographed by Lorie Klahn. You can see a selection of the barn images here.

The scene captured in Lorie Klahn's photograph, Individual Tree, was very appealing to me, so I decided to give the challenge a try. When I was about mid way into the painting I realized that I was not taking it in the direction I had originally intended. Instead of sending it to the bin, I decided to just go with it and allow the painting dictate what to do. That happens sometimes. And sometimes it works out. I am okay with my result here, but still may give it another go, just to see what happens.

3 comments:

Cathy Holtom said...

I like how you get pulled into this painting, I'm glad you didn't bin it!

Autumn Leaves said...

Such amazing movement you've got in this piece. I'm picturing a great place to go sledding too!

Jennifer Rose said...

reminds me of a rive flowing downhill, lots of movement to the piece

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin