Thursday, January 10, 2013

Light Coming

Light Coming
watercolor on cold pressed paper
7.5 x 9.5 inches
©Ann Thompson Nemcosky

My new collection of watercolors offer the opportunity to play with color mixes and previously untried color combinations. Some are colors I have had around for quite some time now. Sap green, yellow ochre, ultramarine blue, like old friends. Others I had left behind and have now brought back, such as my old favorite royal amethyst. And then there are the newcomers that I am just getting acquainted with, like poppy. Who wouldn't like a color named "poppy"?
The palette I found at Cheap Joe's during a sidewalk sale. It was a real bargain, too good to pass up. The paints are all American Journey. A brand I am happy to stick with for now. My palette does have more wells for color, so my collection of watercolors may grow. Finding new favorites is always fun.

7 comments:

Vicki Holdwick said...

Lovely painting, and I have to agree - who wouldn't love a color called "Poppy".

xoxo

DALowe Artist said...

Poppy is one of my many favorites. Beautiful work and love this palette!

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

Love the painting! Have fun with the new palette!

Jennifer Rose said...

another gorgeous landscape :D you always do such a wonderful job with the water

Autumn Leaves said...

Love the palette and I always love your paintings, Ann. I'm itching for some new tubes of watercolor myself.

Debbie Nolan said...

Ann this watercolor is certainly wonderful...love your colors. Isn't Cheap Joe's the best. I have a Christmas gift card from hubby that I am planning on using this week-end. I have used American Journey watercolors as well and find them to be great.

K said...

Oooh, I'd try a fun color like Poppy too! It's very fun to say.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin