Friday, January 18, 2013

this day :: snow

After days of heavy rain the snow finally came yesterday.  

We worried about losing power during the snow storm. I kept a candle burning while preparing eggplant parmigiana for last night's dinner, just in case I was suddenly thrown into darkness. Thankfully the power stayed on for us.
 This morning we woke up to a world blanketed in white under a clear blue sky.

Seeking warmth in winter, yarn projects are comforting. I finished another crocheted basket. This one will serve as a stash basket for what else - yarn!

 It should be a good day to record another bird count for Project Feeder Watch.We are enjoying seeing the visitors to our feeders, and learning about the habits of our winter time birds. I wonder if they dream of warmer places like I do when winter comes.

8 comments:

Lynn Logan Roselli said...

Your wintery pictures are beautiful. Stay Warm!

Jennifer Edwards said...

Beautiful photos Ann! And a lovely crocheted basket!! Enjoy the snow! Ours is melting.:(

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Its like majic when the sun shines through ice and snow covered trees, lovely pictures!!! And I love the basket you made, so neat.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Oops, I meant magic...

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Ann - What a gorgeous picture of your snowfall. You are in the south and I am in Ohio and you have snow and we do not. So glad you didn't lose power - I know I prepare here as well. Take care and enjoy the beauty of the season.

Autumn Leaves said...

That "basket" looks like it would make an awesome purse!

Made.by.Fay said...

I love your work. I especially like the crochetted basket. And I recognized the Vegetarian Epicure cookbook. I used to have one of those. Do you have a tutorial for the basket?

Blessings,
Fay

faypaints.blogspot.com

Ann said...

Thanks everyone!
Debbie, we may be in the south but we are also in the mountains. Here we average about 40 inches of snow each winter, although the past few winters we haven't had that much. Our climate is much more like Vermont than places even an hour or two away, because of the elevation :-)
Fay, I used this pattern from the Purl Bee as inspiration http://www.purlbee.com/crocheted-stash-basket/ Have fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin